SXSW, LLC (“SXSW”) is proud to produce our family of events, including SXSW®Music, Film, and Interactive Conferences & Festivals, SXSWedu® Conference & Festival, SXSW Eco® Conference, and SXSW V2V® (“Events”). The following Registration and Credentials Terms and Conditions (“Terms”) apply to you and any party you are registering for participation in any SXSW Events (“Participant”), and such Participant’s registration, attendance, participation, enrollment, and/or application for involvement in the Events, including but not limited to your purchase and/or possession of any SXSW Event entry material, such as badges, wristbands, tickets, passes, and giveaways (“Credentials”). By clicking “accept” below, and/or by obtaining your Credentials you agree to these Terms.
- Refund Policy. SXSW may, in its sole discretion and at any time determined by SXSW, cancel or refuse from any individual or company the following: Credentials, purchases, and/or hotel reservations made through SXSW Hou
sing. SXSW will not be responsible for any penalty, fee, loss, or expense that might result from such action.
A $125 processing fee will be assessed to change the name on a registration. For SXSWedu and SXSW Platinum, Gold, Film, Music and Interactive Conference registrations, the processing fee will be $175 after February 12, 2016.
SXSW Credentials are issued to, can be picked up by, and used by only the individual named in the registration. SXSW Credentials are non-transferable after they have been picked up. All SXSW Credentials are the sole property of SXSW, and can be revoked at anytime in SXSW’s sole discretion.
SXSW badges allow a badgeholder to have priority entry, but cannot guarantee admission to every SXSW event. Event admission is subject to venue capacity and age restrictions in compliance with state and local laws. Age restrictions are specific to each venue.
SXSW Credentials may not be used as a prize in any form of promotion, contest, game, or sweepstakes without written pre-approval from SXSW.
SXSW Platinum, Gold, Film, Music and Interactive Conference registrations include a one-year subscription to SXSWorld® Magazine, which is valued at $20.
Lost and Found will be located at Registration during the Events. Participants can drop off found items at the Registration Help Desks during the Events. Participants can also email a description of an item and the location it was lost/found to email@example.com.
Photographs and/or audio/video recordings taken at the Events by SXSW, or others on behalf of SXSW, may include a Participant’s image, name, voice and/or likeness. By attending and/or participating in the Events, each Participant hereby grants SXSW permission to use the Participant’s photograph, image, likeness, voice and statements for any purpose, including but not limited to commercial purposes, without compensation or credit to the Participant, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised.
Event Participants are expected to behave responsibly and to treat each other - and treat the community - with respect, kindness, and compassion. SXSW reserves the right, without refund, to revoke the Credentials of Participants whose conduct is deemed inappropriate, disorderly, or offensive by SXSW, affiliated third parties or the local authorities.
Each Participant represents and warrants to SXSW that the Participant has full authority to complete this registration on each Participant’s behalf, including full authority to make use of the credit card or debit card presented for payment.
Each Participant understands that participating in the Events is voluntary and may involve certain risks of physical injury, damage to property, and other damages or losses that may be sustained by a Participant. Each Participant assumes all risk of damages, property loss, and personal injury which may occur by participating in the Events.
IN NO EVENT SHALL SXSW BE LIABLE TO ANY PARTICIPANTS, OR ANY OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY FOR ANY PERSONAL INJURY OR DAMAGES TO PROPERTY, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF BUSINESS PROFITS OR OTHER PECUNIARY LOSS, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE OR SIMILAR DAMAGES, ARISING OUT OF ANY PARTICIPANT’S USE OF THE REGISTRATION, CREDENTIALS AND/OR PARTICIPATION IN THE EVENTS, EVEN IF SXSW HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
Each Participant agrees to indemnify, defend, and hold SXSW and its officers, employees, volunteers, and representatives harmless from and against any and all claims, demands and all other liabilities, including, but not limited to, costs and attorneys’ fees, made by any third party arising out of or in connection with each Participant’s use of the registration(s) or Credentials, or any Participant’s violation of the Terms.
The Terms will be governed by the laws of the State of Texas, without regard to its principles of conflicts of laws. Each Participant and SXSW hereby irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the United States federal and state courts located in Austin, Texas and agrees that any such court will be the proper forum for the determination of any dispute arising hereunder.
SXSW reserves the right to make changes to the Terms at any time without notice to each Participant, so please check back and review the Terms from time to time. In the event that any term or provision of the Terms shall be deemed invalid, illegal or unenforceable in any respect, such term or provision shall be deemed severable and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining term or provision.
- a. No refunds under any circumstances. Any and all payments made to SXSW are not refundable for any reason, including, but not limited to, failure to use SXSW Credentials due to illness, acts of God, travel-related problems, acts of terrorism, loss of employment and/or duplicate purchase. SXSW will not issue refunds for Credentials that have been revoked.
- b. Unused Credentials have no monetary value and cannot be credited to future years or events. SXSW will not issue refunds or credits due to failure to redeem a discount coupon during the registration process. Discounted prices are based on the date payment is received in the SXSW office.
- c. Lost or stolen Credentials will not be replaced. In the event Credentials are lost or stolen, new Credentials will need to be purchased for a Participant’s continued access to the Events, including showcases, parties and conference content.
- d. SXSW reserves the right to revoke a Credential for any reason in SXSW’s sole discretion (for example, if anyone other than the authorized individual tries to use a Credential). As noted in Section 1(a) above, SXSW will not issue refunds for Credentials that have been revoked.