As today’s entertainment industry continues to evolve, the conversation needs to progress in kind. The Future of Entertainment Convergence Track looks at the changing landscape of entertainment, focusing on areas like TV and episodic content, boundary-pushing digital storytelling, the cord cutting and OTT revolution and the business behind it all.
Future of Entertainment sessions, which include programming previously known as Future of TV, Digital Domain and Entertainment and Immersion, will be open to Film, Interactive, Gold, and Platinum registrants from Friday, March 11 – Tuesday, March 15, with Music registrant access beginning on Monday, March 14.
Have a boundary-pushing digital storytelling idea for Digital Domain? We’re accepting proposals for the Digital Domain section of the Future of Entertainment track through Friday, November 27. Simply send an email with a title and 50 word description to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note, all PanelPicker submissions before July 24th will receive priority.
- Abbi Jacobson and Ilana Glazer – Co-creators and stars of Comedy Central’s hit series Broad City on parlaying a web series into a TV phenom and mastering the art of the meme.
- Larry King – Co-founder, host at Ora TV staying connected through in-depth interviews with the most compelling personalities.
- Mr. Robot: Sam Esmail, Rami Malek, and Christian Slater – Creator and actors of the summer TV hit show and 2015 SXSW Film Festival alum, Mr. Robot.
- Kerry Washington – Actress, philanthropist harnessing the power of social media to promote not only her career, hit TV show Scandal, but also positivity, and social good.
- Better than Sync: Why Music Partnerships Work
- Big Box Office: Marketing Films in a Mobile World
- Brandvertainment: How Norton Hacked Hollywood
- Breaking Down Borders Between TV and Online Video
- Breaking into TV in the Digital Age
- Cinematic Apocalypse: Storytelling for Smartphones
- Creating a Meaningful Dialogue Through Video
- Creating Brand Fans: Lessons From Game Marketers
- Creative Thievery = What’s Yours Is Mine.
- The Digital Music Festival - Live streamed!
- Film Music & TV Music: Who Gets Paid, Why and How?
- Fuck You, Sue Me: Artist Rights, Corporate Theft
- Future of Entertainment and “The Channel of You"
- How A Viral Video Led to an Experiential Empire
- How Data is Impacting the Rise of Music Festivals
- The Immersive Red Carpet: 360 Video & the MTV VMAs
- Laugh & Scream: 360 Video, Skybound, Conan O'Brien
- LEGO Group & Cartoon Network, Building Future Fans
- Lighting Hollywood's Real and Virtual Actors
- Making Reality Shows for the Web (That Don't Suck)
- More than Mobile:Augmenting Today’s Retail Reality
- Music in Trailers: How Music Drives Film Marketing
- New Hollywood: Social Media Storytelling
- Old Hollywood Vs Digital, The Friction is Real!
- Scent as a Postdigital Medium for Storytelling
- The Science of Colour aka 2 + 2 = Blue
- Social Media: The New TV Show Launchpad
- That Snapchatter Makes More Than You
- What I Learned from Publishing a Book on Instagram
- Writer's Blockchain: Full Stack Storytelling
Photo by Travis Ball/Getty Images