Film Submissions For SXSW 2016 Are Now Open
Thank you for your interest in submitting to the SXSW Film Festival. Having become a destination for the game-changing buzz every filmmaker dreams of, premiering at SXSW positions your film in front of thousands of fans, press, film industry leaders, as well as tech and music professionals. This entirely unique audience gives the SXSW Film Festival a distinct identity that sets it apart from other film festivals.
To submit your film to SXSW, review the submission deadlines below and read in-depth information in our Film Submission FAQ and watch the How To Submit Your Film video at the bottom of the page.
Once you're ready, click on the blue boxes below to start the submission process. Please note, for 2016 all films must be submitted by a secure URL link. If you have any further questions after reading the Film Submission FAQ, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please take a few minutes to review some of our Film Submission Tips below.
- Feature & Short Film Eligibility
- Twitter Q&A with Film Programmers on August 12
- Submitting a Food, Sports, or Style Related Film
- Early Deadline is Thursday, September 3
- Submitting a Work-In-Progress Cut
- Premiere Status and Submitting to Other Festivals
- Exhibiting a Web Series
- Official Deadline is Thursday, October 1
- Film Submission Extensions
- Screening Sections and Award Eligibility
|Texas High School /
Title Sequence Deadline
Texas High School Short
Don’t forget to read the Film Submission FAQ before you submit your film!