Feature Film, Short Film, and Music Video Submissions Are Now Closed
Thank you for your interest in submitting to the SXSW Film Festival. Having become a destination for the game-changing buzz every filmmaker dreams of, premiering at SXSW positions your film in front of thousands of fans, press, film industry leaders, as well as tech and music professionals. This entirely unique audience gives the SXSW Film Festival a distinct identity that sets it apart from other film festivals.
Feature film, short film, and music videos submissions for SXSW 2016 are now closed. Sometimes we do grant film submission deadline extensions – please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Submissions for Texas High School Shorts and Title Sequences will remain open until Friday, December 18. Before you submit, be sure to read in-depth information in our Film Submission FAQ and watch the How To Submit Your Film video at the bottom of the page.
Once you're ready, click on the blue boxes below to start the submission process. Please note, for 2016 all films must be submitted by a secure URL link. If you have any further questions after reading the Film Submission FAQ, please email email@example.com.
Please take a few minutes to review some of our Film Submission Tips below.
- Feature & Short Film Eligibility
- Twitter Q&A with Film Programmers on August 12
- Submitting a Food, Sports, or Style Related Film
- Early Deadline is Thursday, September 3
- Submitting a Work-In-Progress Cut
- Premiere Status and Submitting to Other Festivals
- Exhibiting a Web Series
- Official Deadline is Thursday, October 1
- Film Submission Extensions
- Screening Sections and Award Eligibility
- Late Deadline is Tuesday, November 3
|Texas High School /
Title Sequence Deadline
Texas High School Short
Access Feature Film, Short Film and Music Video applications at cart.sxsw.com.