To support and cultivate the next generation of filmmakers, the SXSW Film Festival presents a special film competition for students enrolled in Texas High Schools. Selected films will be shown in the Texas High School Shorts screening category as part of the SXSW Film Festival program. Finalists will be judged by a panel of independent filmmakers and prizes will include future SXSW Film registrations.
Rules & Regulations
- Eligibility is limited to Texas students enrolled in the 9th through 12th grades for the full academic year.
- Films must be 5 minutes or shorter and completed between January 1 and December 18 the year preceding the SXSW event.
- All Texas High School submissions must be submitted to SXSW via a secure URL link.
- The deadline for Texas High School submissions for SXSW 2016 is Friday, December 18, 2015 with a submission fee of $10.
- All applicants will be informed of the status of their project no later than Friday, February 12, 2016.
For more information, please read the SXSW Film Submission FAQ.
SXSW 2015 Texas High School short film, Evelyn Parker. Photo courtesy of the filmmakers.