Just look at Leigh Whannell... he's handsome and appears to be a sweet guy but behind that affable exterior lies a rather twisted mind, methinks.
Yes, Leigh is the man who brought you the Saw franchise (he wrote, produced and appeared in several of them). He also wrote and acted in the upcoming horror fun fest, Cooties.
He's here with another film he's penned, titled The Mule. It's a movie about... waiting... and has its world premiere tonight at the Stateside Theatre.
But before you head on over to the Stateside, have a gander at his...
The LP Questionnaire
Name: Leigh Whannell
Do you have any nicknames? Kids at high school called me Two-L, cos my last name is Whannell (which is pronounced One-L...perhaps that nickname is best explained in person and not in print) but my nickname now is Wa Wa or Wang.
1. Pretend you’re 15. Name three songs you'd put on a mix tape for your girlfriend/boyfriend. It's 1992 and I most definitely did NOT have a girlfriend, but if I was to make a secret tape for a girl who didn't know I existed (not talking about you at all, Andrea Turner) that I was going to keep to myself but pretend to give to her in my fantasy world, which is like fantasy football but for your whole life, it would have featured Ice Cube's 'When Will They Shoot?', Public Enemy's 'Shut 'Em Down' and NWA's 'Straight Outta Compton'. As the tape would be for my ears only, I'd just put my favorite songs on there.
2. Which evil villain would make the best President? I believe Hans Gruber could've gotten health care done.
3. What was your favorite cartoon as a child? I'm gonna go with He-Man.
4. What superpower do you wish you had? I'm gonna go with time travel PLUS invisibility, as I am absolutely desperate to know who Jack the Ripper, the Zodiac Killer and every other mysterious person in the world is. I would go back and invisibly observe their crimes, then maybe stop them - though I'd be anxious to avoid the butterfly effect thing; where you hit Jack the Ripper in the head with a hammer, handcuff him to a fencepost and think you're a hero, but then you return to your time and lizards run the world, you know? I obsess about time travel way too much.
5. What would the title of your autobiography be? From The Streets cos that's where I'm from.
Thanks for stopping by today. Hope you're having fun out there. Read more of these fine and dandy interviews here.
Bring me 'round, lp
Photo courtesy of Leigh Whannell