Welcome back to What's Happening! Ten million choices whittled down to ten handy suggestions for your pleasure. It's the first night of SXSW Film and Interactive so let's get out there and raise the roof… or something. Bon Apetit:
- SouthBites. Gourmet #foodtruckin
11am-2:30am, Rainey Street District.
- Still hungry? Here's some more suggestions for getting your nom nom on in and around The ACC.
Film Events for March 8, 6:30pm - 2am
- Upstream Color. Get entangled in the lifecycle of an ageless organism.
6:30pm, Stateside Theatre
- We Cause Scenes. All the world's a stage. #nopants
7pm, Vimeo Theater
- Unhung Hero. What Patrick lacks in size he makes up for in cojones.
7pm, Topfer Theatre at ZACH
- Scenic Route. Knife wielding madness!
9:30pm, Topfer Theatre at ZACH
- Film Opening Party presented by A&E. A&E is promo-ing Bates Motel and who knew Freddie Highmore was still such a cutie patootie?!
10pm, Buffalo Billiard's
Interactive Events for March 8, 6pm - 11pm
- BIT Opening Reception. Carver is a lovely space and Blacks In Technology a super cool organization. Worth a short trip east.
6pm, Carver Museum
- Aaron Swartz Town Hall. This is free. Open to the public. And worthwhile.
6:30pm, ACC, Ballroom A
- The Interactive Opening Party presented by frog design. Beep-boop-dance.
8pm, Palmer Events Center, West Terrace.