Welcome to the nearly final edition of What's Happening! I'll have one for whoever's left in this town tomorrow afternoon. Thanks so much for coming to ye olde SXSW and we hope you've had a perfectly nice time in our little town. Information Station
- SouthBites Open Late. Time to get that final round of waffle burgers in, you guys.
11am-2:30am, Rainey Street District.
- Brooklyn Vegan Metal showcase. This is streaming at SXSW Live so if you can't make it, you can still throw some goats from home.
8pm, The North Door.
Film Events for March 16, 5pm-2am
- At Any Price. Zac Efron. In a race car. On a farm.
5pm, Paramount Theatre.
- Audience Award: 24 Beats Per Second. A Band Called Death was the big prizewinner and it's about, well, a band called Dealth.
7:15pm, Vimeo Theater.
- The East. Alexander Skarsgård, and, I don't know, some other people. I mean, this film looks quite interesting, indeed.
8pm, Paramount Theatre.
- Audience Award: SXGlobal. I am so glad The Punk Singer won. They came by reg and gave us chocolate laxatives. Those guys are heroes and the trailer alone made me cry.
10:30pm, Alamo Ritz 2.
- Audience Award: Midnighters. Cheap Thrills is a thriller about a new father facing eviction. Seat meet edge.
12am, Alamo Ritz 1.
Music Events for March 16, 8pm-2am
- SXSW Comedy: The Benson Interruption Live Podcast Recording. I hear Eugene Mirman's gonna be there. We luv us some Eugene Mirman.
6:30pm, Esther's Follies.
- Paradigm Nashville showcase. Kelly Willis & Bruce Robison and Paul McDonald & Nikki Reed and more. I thought vampires weren't allowed in churches, but a vampire playing country music is pretty much the best thing I can imagine right now.
8pm, St. David's Historic Sanctuary.
- Young Bloods showcase. John Dee Graham's son William Graham helps SXSW curate a night of talented young 'uns. This venue is 21+ so lol to that.
8pm, Palm Door.