The SXSW Housing Desk can book the best selection of Austin hotels at the best available rates during SXSW. Click here to see hotels, rates, and amenities. Please note that requesting a room via SXSW is a request and not a guarantee until confirmation is sent to the registrant via email.
We have important information about reserving your SXSW hotel below. Click on a phrase for details.
Confirmed SXSW conference registrants (badge-holders), exhibitors, and festival artists (music or film). Registrants include Panelists, Filmmakers, Press, Sales/Trade Clients, Sponsors, and Co-Sponsors.
SXSW reserves the right to cancel hotel reservations made through SXSW for any reason.
Click here to see hotel map online.Select your hotel from the list of official SXSW Hotels. Click on any hotel name to see:
- Pop-up window with hotel amenities and policies (including deposits, penalties, smoking, etc.)
- Hotel photo and indicator of hotel quality and service ranging from best luxury (+++++) to limited service (++)
- Distance (in blocks or miles) from Austin Convention Center (many are walkable and others are 5-15 minutes drive)
- Whether hotel is on the R&R shuttle route
- Registrants who know their Shopping Cart username and password can return to their Shopping Cart to book a hotel room. This is the easiest way to make a reservation.
- Registrants (badge-holders) who do not have immediate access to the Shopping Cart that was used for their registration should use the link via social.sxsw.com.
- Festival artists can email firstname.lastname@example.org and trade show workers, production crews, and others can email email@example.com.
There is no deadline for hotel reservations—the Housing Desk continues booking rooms through the end of the event—but popular downtown hotels often sell out as early as August and September. Booking early helps ensure a reservation at your preferred hotel.
Showcasing Artists: Do not book a hotel now unless you are buying a registration. Your showcase confirmation letter will provide hotel booking instructions.
SXSW has blocked rooms at all of Austin's most desirable hotels at guaranteed rates.
Most hotels sell out every year and SXSW rates are normally better than anyone else's.
We also have over 50 hotels that will have pay-to-ride shuttle service available to all SXSW attendees. You can purchase your shuttle pass online once you've picked your hotel. Shuttle info can be found here and the hotel list here will show shuttle icons on each hotel where a shuttle is available.
Confirmed SXSW attendees can make a hotel reservation as follows:
- After registering, click on the hotel tab in your Shopping Cart to enter the Hotel Requester and book a hotel
- Registrants who don’t make a reservation immediately can use their Shopping Cart username and password to return to the Hotel Requester any time to book a hotel
- Registrants who don’t have access to the Shopping Cart used for their registration should access social.sxsw.com and follow the link there to the Hotel Requester
Using the Hotel Requester:
- Verify your contact info at the top of the form
- Enter your check-in and check-out dates
- Based on those dates, available hotels will populate the hotels field (use the map on the right side of the page to view rates and access individual hotel amenities pages).
- Choose your hotel and room type (rate shown will be for basic guest rooms – some hotels will also show suites and special room types that can be booked online for the rate shown for one person).
- Enter names of all persons sharing your room, if any
- Enter special room requests, if any
- Enter credit card information to guarantee the reservation. No hotel-related charges will be charged to your credit card at this time. Important: some hotels will charge a deposit for your room – read your confirmation carefully to see whether your hotel will charge a deposit.
Festival artists will receive instructions on how to book their room after they are confirmed and may email firstname.lastname@example.org for questions. Trade show workers, production crews, and others can email email@example.com.
Special group rates are available only to confirmed SXSW attendees. Room rates are US$ per night based on number of guests in the room (1/2/3/4 people). Rates do not include occupancy tax (currently 15%) or personal charges.
Most special room types (suites, river-views, concierge level, etc.) can be booked online. Major suites are available only by contacting the Housing Desk directly.
All hotels require a valid credit card guarantee. If the credit card is not in the guest’s name the hotel can provide an authorization for the credit card holder to complete and sign. Some hotels will charge a deposit on or about March 1 as shown on their amenities and policies page.
All hotels assess penalties (usually equal to one or two nights) for no-shows or for cancelling within certain time frames (usually 48 hours to 14 days before scheduled arrival). Many assess penalties ($50 - $200) for checkouts before scheduled checkout date as shown on their amenities and policies page.
SXSW will charge a $50 processing fee to the credit card on file for each reservation that is cancelled or reduced in length of stay within 21 days of scheduled check-in. (This is in addition to cancellation fees charge by the hotel per their stated policy on your confirmation).
At check-in, each guest is responsible for knowing the method of payment for room, tax, and incidental charges. Guests will be asked for a credit card (or sufficient cash deposit) to pay for room, tax, and incidental charges (unless you have pre-paid or completed a credit card authorization in advance).
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for questions.
Most Austin hotels have gone 100% non-smoking. You can filter the hotel list by your smoking preference here on the hotel grid.
R&R Limousine & Bus will provide a pay-to-ride shuttle between the Austin Convention Center and hotels outside the easily walkable downtown area. If you’re staying at a hotel outside the walkable downtown area we recommend you buy a R&R Hotel Shuttle pass. Unlimited, 5-day/$60 and 9-day/$100 passes will be available. See all shuttle information at the hotel shuttle page.
Do not book a hotel now unless you are buying a registration. Your showcase confirmation letter will provide hotel booking instructions. Questions? Please email email@example.com