Purchasing a badge provides the best way to leverage all the amazing content and the incredible networking opportunities that the 2014 SXSW Interactive Festival has to offer. Still, we understand that the level of investment required to buy a badge may not be practical for all the digital creatives who are part of the SXSW Interactive community.
If such is the case with you, then be advised about all the FREE FREE FREE activities planned for the SXSW Interactive Festival. The first of these FREE activities is the Digital Creative Job Market, which runs from 10:00AM to 6:00PM on both Thursday March 6 and Friday, March 7. Sponsored by Publicis Group, this event is a great forum for finding your next new media employer. One of the highlight’s for this 2014 show is the hit television show Shark Tank, which will be conducting casting calls via this space. The Digital Creative Job Market occurs in Ballrooms ABC of the Austin Convention Center (aim for the southeast corner, near Ironworks BBQ).
Other free events within the SXSW Interactive umbrella include:
- Dewey Winbune Community Service Awards: Thursday evening, March 6
- Latinos in Tech Sessions: Friday, March 7 through Sunday, March 9
- The SXSW Gaming Expo: Friday, March 7 through Sunday, March 9
- SXSW Gaming Sessions at the Long Center: Friday, March 7 through Sunday, March 9
- MVMT50 KickOff Party at the George Washington Carver Museum, Friday evening, March 7
- SXSW Gaming Awards at the Long Center: Saturday evening, March 8
- SXSW Create at the Long Center Terrace: Friday, March 7 through Sunday, March 9
Or get the full SXSW Interactive Festival experience (of more than 800 sessions with some of the world’s most creative new media minds) by purchasing an Interactive, Film, Music, Gold or Platinum badge.
2013 Digital Creative Job Market Photo by Merrick Ales.