SXSW Gaming is thrilled to have John Romero, CEO and CCO of Lootdrop, speak on a historical perspective of Apple's impact on games. Romero is a completely self-taught programmer, designer and artist whose work spans over 130 games, including iconic works like "Wolfenstein 3D," "Doom" and "Quake." His latest Facebook game, "Ravenwood Fair," has gained roughly a million players a week since its release in late October 2010.
One of the earliest “indie” developers, Romero has been working in the game space since 1979 before moving to the Apple II in 1981. Romero’s current areas of interest are Facebook games and massively multiplayer online (MMO) games as well as social media and its intersection with gaming.
Also, mark your calendars for the first SXSW Gaming Happy Hour planned for Tuesday, January 15th, at Kung Fu Saloon from 6:00-8:00pm. Come hang out with SXSW and with other local game developers, play classic arcade games with friends and have a few drinks on us! For more information on how to attend, contact Matthew Crump.
Want to get involved in SXSW Gaming? Click a link below to find out how...
- Click here to learn more about SXSW Gaming programming
- Check out confirmed Featured Sessions – including gaming industry notables
- Want to find a way to get involved in SXSW Gaming? Click here.
- Booth space is still available at the SXSW Gaming Expo – contact Justin Burnham for details
- Need more information about marketing at SXSW Gaming Expo? Click here.