Themed Downtown Venues Host Daytime Sessions
SXSW Interactive Festival sessions are held at numerous venues in downtown Austin. Each of these venues is focused on a particular theme to make the event easier to navigate and help attendees explore the many Panels, Core Conversations, Meet Ups and more, that may interest them. Similarly, this schema also allows registrants to step outside of their comfort zone, visit a neighboring venue, and learn about other, different and exciting areas of the industry. Be adventurous -- remember that many of the most intriguing sessions at the SXSW Interactive Festival happen in ballrooms and other locations outside of the Austin Convention Center!
Also, remember that almost all of these venues will livestream the daily keynote presentations for SXSW Interactive. So, if you are not at the Austin Convention Center at 2:00 pm, then just find a room to watch and you will be set!
Venue Locations for the 2014 SXSW Interactive Festival
- AT&T Conference Center (1900 University Ave) -- Workshops
- Austin Convention Center (500 E Cesar Chavez St) -- Assorted Programming
- Courtyard Austin Downtown (300 E 4th St) -- Work and Career
- Downtown Hilton Austin (500 E 4th St) -- Health and Business; Startup Village
- Driskill (604 Brazos St) -- SXsports; Entertainment and Immersion
- Four Seasons (98 San Jacinto Blvd) -- Design & Development
- Hilton Garden Inn (500 North IH-35) -- Mentor Sessions; MVMT House
- Holiday Inn (20 North IH-35) -- Latinos in Tech
- InterContinental Stephen F. Austin (701 Congress) -- Convergence Meet Ups
- Long Center (701 W Riverside Dr) -- Gaming
- Radisson (111 E Cesar Chavez St) -- WTF and Beyond
- Hyatt (208 Barton Springs Rd) -- Intelligent Future
- Omni (700 San Jacinto Blvd) -- Art, Science and Inspiration
- Sheraton (701 E 11th St) -- Social and Privacy
SXSW Interactive Festival Shuttle System
With so much great content at so many different locations, easy mobility from venue to venue is essential at SXSW. Indeed, registrants can maximize their experience and take in as much of the event as possible via the Interactive Festival Shuttle System. These brightly labeled buses empower badge-holders to get from location to location as quickly as possible. Shuttles run every 5-10 minutes and you can even watch their movement in real time via the map on the SXSW mobile app. Need more information on how this works? Stay tuned to the SXSW website for exact routes and run-times for the Interactive Festival Venue Shuttle System for 2014.