Pete Holmes is more than just the voice of the E-Trade Baby.
He has his own nightly show now on TBS and everything!
He's a frequent and unique kind of guest on my favorite podcast, Doug Loves Movies. I know I'm excited he's setting foot on our shores.
Speaking of podcasts, don't miss the taping of You Made It Weird on Tuesday at Esther's Follies.
And right now you don't have to miss his...
The LP Questionnaire
Name: Pete Holmes
1. Pretend you’re 15. Name three songs you'd put on a mix tape for your girlfriend/boyfriend. I did this! It had "Wild Horses" by the Rolling Stones because I'm a romantic, and "Butterfly" because I'm funky fresh.
2. Which evil villain would make the best President? All shape shifting lizard overlords are equally good at being president.
3. What was your favorite cartoon as a child? Those commercials with the weird guy who lived in your stomach and sang songs about you are what you swallow so the next time you feel hollow don't just fill your face with any old kind of treeeeeeat.
4. What superpower do you wish you had? I'm a flight guy. Be wary of those "invisibility" weirdos. Also, invisibility.
5. What would the title of your autobiography be? I'm Flying Above You, Naked and Invisible.
It's all happening!! Today is the first day of SXSW and excitement is buzzing out there. Or at least I think it is. I'm busy living in a shantytown writing til my fingers bleed just for you. It's like Dickens over here, let me tell ya. If you are enjoying this nice little series, feel free to read more here.
I hear the truth it's coming from you, lp
Photo by Jeremy Freeman