Welcome to the LP Questionnaire, special SXSW V2V Edition, vol VI!
V2V is underway and many thrilling times are already being had under the bright lights of Las Vegas.
Tonight kicks off the first of two nights of most excellent music. Run, don't walk, to The Backstage Bar and Grill for these fine lineups including today's LPQ participants, Palenke Soultribe, who hit the stage at 11 pm.
Palenke Soultribe was created in Los Angeles in 2005 by producers Juan D. Borda (AKA Insectosound) and Andres Erazo (AKA Popa) Their DJ sets are don't miss experiences that cross genres colored with Colombian sampling and melodies.
The LP Questionnaire
Name: Juan Diego Borda
1. Pretend you’re 15. Name three songs you'd put on a mix tape for your girlfriend/boyfriend.
We were 15 in the early nineties. Still living in Colombia .. we would probably have played:
The Cure, "Friday I'm In Love" (1992)
Soda Stereo - Terapia De Amor Intensiva (1994)
Cafe Tacuba - Las Flores (1993)
2. Which evil villain would make the best President?The Wicked Witch of the West from The Wizard of Oz. Presidents are a bit of villains anyway, then at least this one is wicked and after all less harmful than a politician!
3. What was your favorite cartoon as a child? By far Japanese anime Mazinger Z
4. What superpower do you wish you had? Flying.
5. What would the title of your autobiography be? The Search
Thanks for joining us today. Back tomorrow with a final V2V LPQ with Nightmare Air. You can keep up with the rest of the goodies here.
I will raise my hand up into the night-time sky, lp