It is here! Dutch music producer and DJ, Afrojack, released part one of the documentary, March of the Afrojack! The documentary will be released in five parts, and for all EDM fans and aspiring producers and DJs, this is a must see. The documentary highlights Nick van de Wall’s...
Photo Courtesy of beehivepro.com
This week’s edition of Americana World Headquarters is a report from last week’s Americana Music Association Conference and Festival in Nashville. The event kicks off with the Americana Music Awards and Honors at the historic Ryman Auditorium with emcee Jim Lauderdale and an...
- Drug info booths at dance shows seek to reduce harm
Story from NY Times.
- Fripp reforms King Crimson
Item from The Guardian.
- Audiam wants to untangle music monetization on YouTube
Post from Evolver.fm.
The inaugural SXSW Eco Awards recognizes leaders in the fields of energy, design, technology and sustainability during an evening of drinks, music and entertainment. Hosted by actress and renowned sustainability expert Andrea Robinson, the SXSW Eco Awards will honor winners of four exciting SXSW Eco competitions....
This year's SXSW Eco is bigger and better than ever with over 300 speakers, 100 sessions and countless opportunities for networking at special events. While we have a ton of excellent panels to attend this year, there are also a slew of daily special events that will take you...
- Austin's HAAM Day supports musicians' health care
Story from Statesman.
- Why federal policy matters to musicians now more than ever
Commentary from Hypebot.
- New app to highlight recordings of John Lennon at sea
Post from NY Times Arts ...
- Performance rights organizations look for increased income from digital services
Story from NY Times.
- Labels allowed to pursue Vimeo for copyright infringement
Story from The Hollywood Reporter.
- Clear Channel's IHeartRadio fest closes out in Vegas
Review from LA ...
Young, talented and humble, could describe this week's highlight of Nottingham-born, SXSW 2013 Official Showcasing Artist, Jake Bugg. With influences like the band Oasis, Jake shot his way to the top of the indie rock and singer-songwriter genres, with his self-titled album, which was released in October 2012 in...