I ventured out to Orange County over the weekend to attend the third installation of Psycho California, aka Psycho de Mayo, at The Observatory, a double-stage venue nestled in the county of Santa Ana. Independent concert promoter Thief Presents truly outdid themselves this year with Russian Circles, Sleep and Pentagram...
- Spotify is expanding to include video and predictive playlists
Story from NY Times.
- Piling on Nickelback is old hat: Can't we just move on already?
Post from The Guardian.
- Google partners with Skrillex for phone cases
Post from ...
SXSW Eco is thrilled to announce Janine Benyus, co-founder of Biomimicry 3.8, as a speaker for the biomimicry track, Nature, Innovation + The Future of Design!
Janine Benyus is a biologist, innovation consultant and co-founder of Biomimicry 3.8. In Biomimicry, she names an emerging discipline that emulates nature's designs...
- Why streaming is the future of the music industry, not its end
Post from Business Cheat Sheet.
- Bruce Lundvall dies
Obituary from Billboard.
- The Vaccines: How to be the best live band
Feature from BBC News. ...
Written by Lizzy Newton
After not having visited Brighton and The Great Escape the past two years, it was nice to be back visiting old friends and returning to the clubs there to find great music. I managed to see a few SXSW alumni I didn't get to see in...
Here we go again, folks. Time to get those headphones and speakers ready for another sixteen new music releases from SXSW 2015 Showcasing Artists alone this week.
The big highlights for us include the fifth studio album from Northern California punk band Ceremony, who will be returning to Austin on...
- Lawsuit takes down new Grooveshark site - and another one pops up
Post from Ars Technica.
- RIAA cuts more jobs, awards bonuses to execs
Post from Torrent Freak.
- Cooking Vinyl MD calls for music industry tax breaks