- Essential albums of 2015
Post from LA Times.
- Why superstar DJs are all over Snapchat
Post from The Guardian.
- The three biggest delusions musicians still have about the music industry
Post from Sonicbids blog. ...
’Tis the busy season in record releases and we’ve got ten new SXSW 2015 artist albums to put on your radar this week.
- EDM's power players list
Feature from Billboard.
- Download Festival: Leicestershire police defend facial recognition scans
Story from BBC News.
- Here's what happens to your $10 after you pay for a month of Apple Music
Post from Re/Code. ...
- Freeform launches its first six apps for artists
Post from Music Ally.
- Who is the music industry, anyway?
Post from Re/Code.
- Interscope chief John Janick aims to put fresh spin on chart-topping label
Post from Variety. ...
- Ornette Coleman dies
Obituary from NY Times.
- Spotify raises $115 million from TeliaSonera in share sale
Story from Reuters.
- Four Columbia House insiders explain the shady math behind '8 CDs for a penny'
Feature from AV Club. ...
SXSW Eco’s Place by Design (PXD) competition is one of the most popular events at the SXSW Eco conference. PXD highlights innovative projects that transform the built environment for positive social, environmental and economic impact. This year, SXSW Eco is featuring design as a central theme to overall...
Lil Wayne, Jay Z, Snoop Dogg, Eminem - all of these are legendary hip-hop artists, but what about the producers who played key roles in crafting their hits? BMI and Flight School gathered four of these super producers - including Just Blaze, KLC, Young Guru and Mannie Fresh - for...
- Ticketmaster acquires festival ticketer Front Gate
Story from Billboard.
- Apple Music and labels investigated in two states
Story from NY Times.
- Does club culture have a problem with bigotry?
Post from The Guardian. ...