- No one knows how teens listen to music
Story from The Atlantic.
- Etymology of EDM
Post from Medium.
- Deezer, entering US, will sound like Spotify, act like Netflix
Post from CNET. ...
Good news - there’s still time to submit your application to be a showcasing artist at the 2015 SXSW Music Festival!
Artist applications will stay open through the weekend and close this Sunday, October 12 at 11:59pm EDT....
- Negotiations halt between Soundcloud and labels
Post from Dancing Astronaut.
- Guide to music publishing
Post from Thump/Vice.
- Five bands join for album to help combat mental illness
Story from NY Times. ...
Laura Jane Grace (Against Me!), Sharon Needles and Big Freedia, joined by moderator John Norris of Fuse TV, came together in the spirit of nonconformity this past March.
Click here for the full video of The Nonconformists session at the 2014 SXSW Music Conference....
We’re super psyched to (re)introduce you to SXSW Convergence! A bonus learning & networking opportunity you'll find only at SXSW, Convergence programming exists throughout the event, and features a range of topics that straddle the cultural and technological intersection at the heart of SXSW.
A key factor to Convergence...
- Spotify's Daniel Ek to Jimmy Buffett: I want you to be better paid
Post from CNET.
- SFX stock dives thanks to short sellers
Post from Buzzfeed.
- Promoters wrangle over control of the Greek Theater
Story from LA Times. ...
So many talented artists and bands have passed through over the years that it’s tough to narrow it down, but here’s a sampling of what a few of them have been up to since playing the Sonicbids Official SXSW Party.