The final deadline to submit your application to be an official Showcasing Artist at the 2015 SXSW Music Festival is just one week from today - next Friday, October 10 at 11:59pm EDT.
- The Turtles extend their copyright fight to Pandora
Story from NY Times.
- Apple asks the labels for a price cut on streaming subscriptions
Story from Re/Code.
- SXSW says it won’t ban unofficial shows
Post from Wondering Sound. ...
It was quite a treat to have experimental indie rock band Porter make the trip from Guadalajara, Mexico to perform at the 2014 SXSW Music Festival one year after reuniting at the Vive Latino Fest in Mexico City.
- Music consumption helps drive UK technology sales
Story from The Guardian.
- Kim Dotcom severs ties with Baboom
Story from Hollywood Reporter.
- Grooveshark decision shows music industry has upper hand
Post from Gigaom. ...
This Friday, Austin's annual ACL Festival will kick off three full days of toe-tapping, head-bopping, body-shaking music over in Zilker Park.
A number of SXSW alum will be hitting the stages, including big name acts such as Childish Gambino, Broken Bells, Juanes, and Skrillex....