Hannibal Buress has been a very busy man lately. In honor of his new show, we’ve dug into the SXSWfm archives to find an interview with Buress done by SXSWfm DJ and Bonafide Jams host Cori Burford at Bonnaroo 2014.
- The synth revival: Why the Moog is back in vogue
Post from The Guardian.
- Refunds after a bad concert? It's a ghastly idea
Post from The Telegraph.
- Rdio streams globally, thinks locally with curated stations
Post from CNET. ...
Allow me to introduce the SXSW Housing Department, where our first priority is helping you find and book the right hotel to accommodate your SXSW experience. We work year-round to contract blocks of rooms at more than 60 hotels to provide exclusive rates for SXSW registrants. Here are 5 tips...
- Music publishing deal driven by shift from sales to streaming
Story from NY Times.
- Jerry Weintraub dies
Obituary from Billboard.
- Music from the 1960s fuels a social revolution
Story from SF Gate. ...
Mixcloud and the International Radio Festival are partnering up to celebrate online radio all over the world with the annual Online Radio Awards. Nominations are now being accepted at mixcloud.com/onlineradioawards.
- Surge in music streams delivers digital growth for independent labels
Survey summary from Merlin.
- Chicago sneaks 'cloud tax' onto books
Story from Chicago Sun-Times.
- Patti Smith's summer of rebellion
Post from The Nation. ...
America and Americana music seem to go hand-in-hand, a fact that isn’t lost on Americana World Headquarters host Kevin Connor. Monday’s 4th of July edition of his weekly show featured some of the most American tracks you could think of from greats like Bruce Springsteen, Dave Alvin, Jason Isbell and...
- Prince music pulled from subscription streaming services
Post from BBC News.
- The value of a single music stream - infographic
Post from Billboard.
- Kim Gordon, Cat Power and more to play all-female Burger-A-Go-Go festival
Post from NME. ...