Allow me to introduce the SXSW Housing Department, where our first priority is helping you find and book the right hotel to accommodate your SXSW experience. We work year-round to contract blocks of rooms at more than 60 hotels to provide exclusive rates for SXSW registrants. Here are 5 tips...
- Music publishing deal driven by shift from sales to streaming
Story from NY Times.
- Jerry Weintraub dies
Obituary from Billboard.
- Music from the 1960s fuels a social revolution
Story from SF Gate. ...
Mixcloud and the International Radio Festival are partnering up to celebrate online radio all over the world with the annual Online Radio Awards. Nominations are now being accepted at mixcloud.com/onlineradioawards.
- Surge in music streams delivers digital growth for independent labels
Survey summary from Merlin.
- Chicago sneaks 'cloud tax' onto books
Story from Chicago Sun-Times.
- Patti Smith's summer of rebellion
Post from The Nation. ...
America and Americana music seem to go hand-in-hand, a fact that isn’t lost on Americana World Headquarters host Kevin Connor. Monday’s 4th of July edition of his weekly show featured some of the most American tracks you could think of from greats like Bruce Springsteen, Dave Alvin, Jason Isbell and...
- Prince music pulled from subscription streaming services
Post from BBC News.
- The value of a single music stream - infographic
Post from Billboard.
- Kim Gordon, Cat Power and more to play all-female Burger-A-Go-Go festival
Post from NME. ...
The SXSW Eco team is heading to the East Coast next week, July 6-10. We invite you to mix, mingle and meet others in your community doing awesome things.
SXSW Music PanelPicker, the online process for submitting SXSW conference sessions, is now open!
Every year, we get hundreds of fantastic ideas from you, the bright minds of the music industry, and they become the bedrock of our Conference programming. But what makes some ideas stand out from the...