- Freeform launches its first six apps for artists
Post from Music Ally.
- Who is the music industry, anyway?
Post from Re/Code.
- Interscope chief John Janick aims to put fresh spin on chart-topping label
Post from Variety. ...
- Ornette Coleman dies
Obituary from NY Times.
- Spotify raises $115 million from TeliaSonera in share sale
Story from Reuters.
- Four Columbia House insiders explain the shady math behind '8 CDs for a penny'
Feature from AV Club. ...
SXSW Eco’s Place by Design (PXD) competition is one of the most popular events at the SXSW Eco conference. PXD highlights innovative projects that transform the built environment for positive social, environmental and economic impact. This year, SXSW Eco is featuring design as a central theme to overall...
Lil Wayne, Jay Z, Snoop Dogg, Eminem - all of these are legendary hip-hop artists, but what about the producers who played key roles in crafting their hits? BMI and Flight School gathered four of these super producers - including Just Blaze, KLC, Young Guru and Mannie Fresh - for...
- Ticketmaster acquires festival ticketer Front Gate
Story from Billboard.
- Apple Music and labels investigated in two states
Story from NY Times.
- Does club culture have a problem with bigotry?
Post from The Guardian. ...
We continue through another busy summer for SXSW 2015 Showcasing Artists with eleven new LPs and EPs out this week, including a couple of standout releases from Austin artists.
- Apple reveals Spotify rival
Story from BBC News.
- Apple won't win music streaming just because it's Apple
Analysis from Wired.
- Governor's Ball is ruled by women
Review from NY Times. ...
Family Artists joined our team of music showcase presenters this past March and brought along their impressive roster of electronic, rock and avant-garde acts for a night at The North Door.
Headlining the show was up-and-coming thrash-rap meets noise punk duo Ho99o9....