- Performance rights organizations look for increased income from digital services
Story from NY Times.
- Labels allowed to pursue Vimeo for copyright infringement
Story from The Hollywood Reporter.
- Clear Channel's IHeartRadio fest closes out in Vegas
Review from LA ...
Young, talented and humble, could describe this week's highlight of Nottingham-born, SXSW 2013 Official Showcasing Artist, Jake Bugg. With influences like the band Oasis, Jake shot his way to the top of the indie rock and singer-songwriter genres, with his self-titled album, which was released in October 2012 in...
- Roger Waters: I was wrong to sue Pink Floyd
Story from BBC News.
- Emmylou and Rodney win big at Americana awards show
Story from The Tennessean.
- Grace Jones to write memoirs
Item from NME. ...
In 2013 SXSW brought $218.2 million into the City of Austin’s economy through its 14-day-long event and year-round operations. It’s an impressive number but even so it doesn’t fully capture the long-term value generated for Austin’s culture, world-wide image, or the broader year-round economic activity stimulated by SXSW over the...