It’s hard to believe that we’re just one week away from closing the PanelPicker entry process for SXSW 2016. The Music Conference Staff and Advisory Board are eager to dig into to your ideas, but here are a few more things we’ll be looking for once PanelPicker closes next...
- How playlists are curating the future of music
Feature from Pitchfork.
- What major streaming services pay artists, visualized
Post from Fast Company.
- The short life and mysterious death of Bobby Fuller
Post from The Guardian. ...
Sliding right into our second week of now Friday music releases, we’ve got a whopping sixteen brand new album mentions from South By alumni for you to take a gander at.
Sam Beam, aka Iron & Wine, teamed up with Band of Horses frontman Ben Bridwell for his sixth studio...
- Even if the royalties suck, streaming drives concert ticket sales
Post from TechCrunch.
- Streaming makes up 84% of Swedish music market
Post from Music Week.
- Neil Young removes music from streaming services due to 'sound quality, not money'
When Jason Gross (Perfect Sound Forever, The Block) first proposed this session, it raised some eyebrows among the Music Conference programmers. When he rounded up an all-star panel including Ann Powers (NPR Music), Jim DeRogatis (Sound Opinions), Alex Gale (Billboard), and rock critic legend Jaan Uhelszki, we knew we’d have...
- GM to meet with activists over Kid Rock sponsorship
Story from Detroit Free Press.
- Tom Petty on past confederate flag use: 'It was downright stupid'
Commentary from Rolling Stone.
- Joan Sebastian, Mexican singer and songwriter, dies
Obituary from ...
Just announced from SXSW Eco – new Cities program theme, special events, sessions and more speakers!