- Warner Music says streaming revenue has passed downloads, and it wants more
Post from Recode.
- Tiny music royalties add up, unexpectedly
Post from NPR.
- Queen Latifah: 'Bessie Smith's story needed to be told'
Story from The Telegraph. ...
The submissions are in and now it’s time to choose your own SXSW Eco adventure! Public voting opens today.
The landscape for independent record labels has changed quite a bit over the last several decades. An expert team of people with first-hand experience on the topic assembled for a discussion at the 2015 SXSW Music Conference.
The panel - which included Sire Records co-founders Seymour Stein and Richard Gottehrer,...
This past March, we were happy to welcome first time music showcase presenter Boss Tweed Backline to host a killer lineup of stoner rock and metal bands at The North Door.
- Pandora wins appeals court ruling on ASCAP rates
Story from NY Times.
- Sony pulls music from Soundcloud following revenue dispute
Post from NME.
- Nina Simone's songs in limbo as Sony Music battles family over secret deal
Story from ...
Some of the best exposure you can get at SXSW Eco is where all attendees spend their in-between time: on their mobile phones.