The Ray-Ban x Boiler Room showcases at SXSW Music are always a blast, and this year's hip-hop focused lineup curated by the great Kaytranada was no exception.
Whether you missed the show at SXSW 2015, or you wish to experience it once again, our friends at Boiler Room have you...
- Music streaming's ethics ruse falling on deaf ears
Analysis from LA Times.
- The Orchard's CEO Brad Navin talks streaming and acquisition
Interview from Billboard.
- Bowie co-writing stage work that will feature new songs
Story from The Guardian. ...
The second annual SXSW Music Hackathon Championship was a huge success, and we want to thank everyone involved in making it happen.
Congratulations to the winner of the $10k grand prize, Dan Noskin a.k.a. Dandelion, who used Rdio and last.fm to create a QR code that aggregates listening data on...
- Concord and Bicycle merge and acquire Vanguard and Sugar Hill
Story from Billboard.
- Europe's antitrust watchdog sniffs around Apple's music deals
Post from CNET.
- Cynthia Lennon dies
Obituary from NY Times. ...
We had a great time this year, but unfortunately all good things must come to an end. On behalf of Mazda, we look forward to seeing all of you again next year at SXSW 2016.
From oil can guitars to high-end mics, the SXSW Music Gear Expo ran the gamut from traditional instruments to cutting edge technology and featured a variety of unique interactive exhibits in 2015.
- Now that it's growing, the music industry finally forgives the internet
Story from Yahoo.
- Joni Mitchell hospitalized in Los Angeles
Post from Rolling Stone.
- What Jay Z's Tidal can and cannot do for musicians
Opinion from LA Times. ...