- Surge in music streams delivers digital growth for independent labels
Survey summary from Merlin.
- Chicago sneaks 'cloud tax' onto books
Story from Chicago Sun-Times.
- Patti Smith's summer of rebellion
Post from The Nation. ...
America and Americana music seem to go hand-in-hand, a fact that isn’t lost on Americana World Headquarters host Kevin Connor. Monday’s 4th of July edition of his weekly show featured some of the most American tracks you could think of from greats like Bruce Springsteen, Dave Alvin, Jason Isbell and...
- Prince music pulled from subscription streaming services
Post from BBC News.
- The value of a single music stream - infographic
Post from Billboard.
- Kim Gordon, Cat Power and more to play all-female Burger-A-Go-Go festival
Post from NME. ...
The SXSW Eco team is heading to the East Coast next week, July 6-10. We invite you to mix, mingle and meet others in your community doing awesome things.
SXSW Music PanelPicker, the online process for submitting SXSW conference sessions, is now open!
Every year, we get hundreds of fantastic ideas from you, the bright minds of the music industry, and they become the bedrock of our Conference programming. But what makes some ideas stand out from the...
- Sirius XM settles lawsuit on royalties for songs made before '72
Story from SF Gate.
- Why Taylor Swift and AC/DC aren't as important to Spotify as you'd think
Post from The Guardian.
- The official top-40 biggest songs of 2015 ...
Now that we’ve re-launched our website for SXSW 2016, we will be publishing weekly lists of new music from all past SXSW performers.
We have plenty of new releases to digest this week! Our highlights include the first album in nearly 20 years from LA alt-rock band Failure, titled The...