From the 2012 LPQ Archive
Hollywood Records' artist ZZ Ward is all the rage these days. Everywhere I turn someone's talking about her and quite possibly we all will be after her SXSW perfromances.
Raised in Oregon, now a resident of Los Angeles, Ward brings her hawtsome brand of dirty blues to Austin.
She says she can't drive in high heels, likes watching other people play video games and enjoys listening to music in different languages when she doesn't know what mood she's in or what lyrics she wants to hear.
And now, ZZ Ward on the...
The LP Questionnaire
Name: ZZ Ward
Do you have any nicknames? ZZ or Z some people call me Z money or Zizzles
1. Pretend you’re 15. Name three songs you'd put on a mix tape for your girlfriend/boyfriend.
NAS - N.Y State Of Mind
Jay-Z - Song Cry
Lauren Hill - To Zion
2. Which evil villain would make the best President? Jareth the goblin king, because first off who doesn't want to see Bowie back on the mic? and if he can fit into those pants he can do anything!
3. What was your favorite cartoon as a child? Aladdin. I watched it soooo many times I memorized all the words, I also had an Aladdin video game that I played. I loved riding a magic carpet over lava.
4. What superpower do you wish you had? I wish that I could drive my car without using my hands. That would be so much more relaxing.
5. What would the title of your autobiography be? DirtyShine!
Citizen Cope: He is an amazing artist and I have never got to see him play live before.
The Alabama Shakes: They're bringing real music back!
Dom Kennedy: I love his flow, he seems like a guy who has heart and would put on a good show.
Don't miss ZZ Ward tonight at 9.15pm at The Bat Bar and tomorrow at 8.15pm at Club 606.
The gathering of the LPQ/P3 tribes is, you know, gathered here.
Sailing into destiny, lp