Annnd we're back. Welcome, welcome to the sixth year of that sweet little survey oddly named The LP Questionnaire, and everyone's favorite (okay, I have no idea if it's everyone's favorite) feature Pick Three.
I'm mighty excited to be back bringing you the wit and wisdom of some of the super fab artists performing at the SXSW this year. We're kicking things off right with Mr. Calvin Love, whose tasty lo-fi treats make my heart beat happy and a little dark.
Calvin told us that he's a chocaholic, a damn great shot, push mongo and proud of it.
Please you enjoy his take on The LPQ and Pick Three...
The LP Questionnaire Name: Calvin Love Do you have any nicknames? My old buddies would call me Vinny when I used to go to the dark side. I rarely get to that place now so just Cal.
1. Pretend you’re 15. Name three songs you'd put on a mix tape for your girlfriend/boyfriend. It's 2002. The Flaming Lips-Do You Realize?? The Strokes-Hard to Explain Van Morrison-Sweet Thing
2. Which evil villain would make the best President? Magneto
3. What was your favorite cartoon as a child? Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
4. What superpower do you wish you had? Mind control muhahahah
5. What would the title of your autobiography be? Tales from the Underground
Pick Three Fuck just 3. Have a lot of friends playing this year so it's going to be a good one.
Merchandise: Those guys are the shit. Been listening for a minute. Will be my first opp to catch a show.
Broncho: Bringing back punk rock.
Wampire: Digging that single "The Hearse."
Thank you kindly for joining us on this grey Austin day full of construction. There's more goodness soon to be yours, oh yes there is.
Some informationals: we are on the Instagram (where I post pictures of pictures of cats!), Pinterest (where I post pictures of cats!), Twitter (cat-free for the moment) and TwitterMe (I'm actually a dog person).
Can you see in the dark, lp