The 2015 SXSW® Music and Media Conference will take place Tuesday, March 17 - Saturday, March 21 here in Austin, Texas! Whether you're an experienced veteran or relatively new to the music biz, you'll find intriguing discussions and rare opportunities to meet people who can help advance your ambitions.
Our goal is to educate and inspire musicians and those who work with them. In addition to daytime panels and talks, we offer all the following programs:
- Musicians attending the conference should consider making time for Demo Listening or Music Supervisor Pitch Sessions. These give artists the opportunity to receive real-time feedback from music industry professionals, whether you’re trying to get a record deal or license your music for television or film!
- Navigating your way through the music business is an overwhelmingly complex task. The SXSW Music Mentor Program is here to help! Get expert advice from professionals who work in all facets of the business.
- Programming at Artist Central features tons of sessions specifically geared towards educating artists about myriad topics, including studio recording, growing your fanbase, booking profitable tours and much more!
- In addition to learning more about the music biz, networking is often the primary objective for many of our registrants. We are expanding SXSW Music Meet Ups in 2015, so stay tuned for more details!
- During the 2015 SXSW Music Hackathon Championship, groups of hackers, designers and programmers will have just 24 hours to create a unique music tech innovation! Sounds like an incredibly busy day. More details (including prizes) to be announced.
Photo by Teresa Jarrell