- Opponents of free music want YouTube reeled in
Post from Bloomberg.
- Albini on Tidal and the problem with 'little streaming fiefdoms'
Interview from Vulture.
- Wiz Khalifa breaks record for most Spotify streams in 24 hours
Post from The ...
- Digital music catches up with physical sales
Story from BBC News.
- Percy Sledge dies
Obituary from NY Times.
- Universal Music agrees to pay $11.5 million to settle digital 'sales' vs. 'licenses' suit
Post from Billboard. ...
- Spotify closes in on $8.4 billion valuation with latest deal
Post from CNET.
- US music consumption up 14% in first quarter
Post from Billboard.
- Details about Apple's streaming service from anonymous source
Post from Bloomberg. ...
- MIT and Berklee have teamed up to save the music industry
Post from Digital Trends.
- Is Sweden still the future of the music industry?
Post from Music Business Worldwide.
- Envelop is building a nightclub for audio nerds
- Frances Bean Cobain on life after Kurt's death
Interview from Rolling Stone.
- A brief history of the riot grrrl movement in honor of Boston's riot grrrl day
Post from Boston.com.
- Ron Sexsmith profiled
Post from Buzzfeed. ...
- Goth Money Records' 'trap goth' is taking over the internet
Post from LA Weekly.
- Has southern hip-hop lost its bounce?
Post from The Guardian.
- T In The Park organizers say 'festival will go ahead' despite threat from nesting ospreys ...
- Music streaming's ethics ruse falling on deaf ears
Analysis from LA Times.
- The Orchard's CEO Brad Navin talks streaming and acquisition
Interview from Billboard.
- Bowie co-writing stage work that will feature new songs
Story from The Guardian. ...
- Concord and Bicycle merge and acquire Vanguard and Sugar Hill
Story from Billboard.
- Europe's antitrust watchdog sniffs around Apple's music deals
Post from CNET.
- Cynthia Lennon dies
Obituary from NY Times. ...