- Taylor Swift leads 2015 MTV Video Music Award nominations
Post from The LA Times.
- Lydia Lunch: 'If it's for the money, you're not doing art. You're doing commerce'
Story from The Guardian.
- Wayne Carson Dead at 72
There are a few things you need to know about submitting a hotel requests when Housing goes live on August 3rd, but the SXSW Housing department is here for you every step of the way. Here are some tips and policies that will help you with SXSW hotel requests....
- Nuns Intensify Fight Over Sale of Convent to Katy Perry
Story from The New York Times.
- The 100 Biggest Summer Songs of All Time
List from Billboard.
- Joey Bada$$ Decries Media “Brainwashing” Over Bill Cosby Story
Post from ...
It’s hard to believe that we’re just one week away from closing the PanelPicker entry process for SXSW 2016. The Music Conference Staff and Advisory Board are eager to dig into to your ideas, but here are a few more things we’ll be looking for once PanelPicker closes next...
- How playlists are curating the future of music
Feature from Pitchfork.
- What major streaming services pay artists, visualized
Post from Fast Company.
- The short life and mysterious death of Bobby Fuller
Post from The Guardian. ...
Sliding right into our second week of now Friday music releases, we’ve got a whopping sixteen brand new album mentions from South By alumni for you to take a gander at.
Sam Beam, aka Iron & Wine, teamed up with Band of Horses frontman Ben Bridwell for his sixth studio...
- Even if the royalties suck, streaming drives concert ticket sales
Post from TechCrunch.
- Streaming makes up 84% of Swedish music market
Post from Music Week.
- Neil Young removes music from streaming services due to 'sound quality, not money'
When Jason Gross (Perfect Sound Forever, The Block) first proposed this session, it raised some eyebrows among the Music Conference programmers. When he rounded up an all-star panel including Ann Powers (NPR Music), Jim DeRogatis (Sound Opinions), Alex Gale (Billboard), and rock critic legend Jaan Uhelszki, we knew we’d have...