- Celebrating 30 years of Def Jam
Post from NY Times Arts Beat.
- Intel teams up with 50 Cent to launch heartbeat-monitoring earphones
Post from The Guardian.
- How to make sure your fans see new content (without being annoying)
Before filming started on "The Osbournes," Sharon Osbourne appeared at SXSW 2001 in a featured interview conducted by Rolling Stone's David Fricke.
- PROs want US to lift World War II-era consent decrees
Post from Gigaom.
- Danzig loses Misfits merch money lawsuit
Story from Billboard.
- The flops of 2014
Story from LA Times. ...
Lyrics are arguably the most important aspect of the rap game; having someone else write your verses is pretty much a cardinal sin. From creating slang to penning clever lines, rappers challenge their vocabularies each time they hit a writing session. But, after decades of productions from many rap masterminds,...
- CD Baby serves as an anti-label
Story from NY Times.
- Cecil Taylor swindled out of $500k
Post from The Gothamist.
- New proposal suggests all albums worldwide be released on a Friday
Item from NME. ...
Well, well, well. Here we are again. The SXSW 2015 season has begun and SXSWfm is coming out hot! Last week's specialty shows kicked off the season in a great way, with music from Americana Music Association awards nominees on Americana World Headquarters, a ton of...