This week's video delves into the progressive New York City music scene in the 1970s and how that shaped Blondie's musical inspiration and up-and-coming career at the time.
- US music sales drop 5%, as habits shift online
Story from NY Times.
- Thom Yorke releases second solo album via BitTorrent
Story from The Guardian.
- Does music pre-date modern man?
Story from BBC News. ...
We are excited to announce Ronan Farrow, host of MSNBC's "Ronan Farrow Daily," as emcee for the Startup Showcase: Social Impact, For-profit category at SXSW Eco.
Music nightclubs are ephemeral undertakings, subject to changing tastes and property values. At 315 Bowery in New York, Hilly Kristal opened CBGB in 1973. The scuzzy room where the bar offered the only creature comfort was the center of punk rock scene, presenting the early shows of Blondie, Talking Heads,...
- Silicon Vallley fuels music industry revival
Story from CBS Marketwatch.
- Six key takeaways from this week's massive copyright decision
Story from Billboard.
- Urban Outfitters say they're the biggest vinyl retailer
Post from Pitchfork. ...
- Bob Dylan to be honored as MusiCares Person Of The Year
Story from USA Today.
- AC/DC: Malcolm Young will not return to the band
Story from BBC News.
- The world's highest-paid hip hop acts
Listicle from Forbes. ...