Funding and fan development are two things that can truly make or break an artist’s career. Navigating these aspects of the business in ways that create a sustainable career can be a dauntingly complex endeavor, and it’s something that will be discussed in-depth during the 2015 SXSW Music Conference.
- Tech firm Monster sues Beats and founders Dre and Iovine
Story from USA Today.
- Coachella announces lineup
Post from Rolling Stone.
- Vinyl's difficult comeback
Story from The Guardian. ...
With just over two months left until the 2015 SXSW Music Festival, I’m sure you’re wondering how you can keep up with all of the up-and-coming artists who will be traveling to Austin in March.
Our weekly Music Notes Community Newsletters are here to make things easier....
- Universal launches Global Music Data Alliance
Post from Complex.
- Google announces 'Cast' line of home audio products
Post from Ars Technica.
- Nick Cave announces skateboard collection
Story from Billboard. ...
It's a new year, which means it's time to gear up for the SXSW Music Festival! We're kicking 2015 off with four Australian artists who have all been making big waves over the past few years.
We’re thrilled to announce Mazda as the official automobile of SXSW for the next three years.
They’ll be deep in the heart of the Texas-sized action to help you connect, watch, listen and of course eat your way across the live music and BBQ capital of the world.
- Top album of 2014 depends on how you count
Story from NY Times.
- 2014 was another bad year for music sales
Post from Gigaom.
- How the control queen lost her touch when the media went social
Story from ...