- Madonna is 2013's highest-paid musician
Feature from Forbes.
- Derrick May on Detroit
Interview from The Guardian.
- Detroit area music business is worth $1.1 billion annually
Story from MLive. ...
Last week we touched on changes in consumer behavior in the music industry and how artists can make progress towards getting paid in our new streaming economy. However, there are other ways for artists to make money these days: more and more bands are licensing their music as an...
Written by Tayla Ridley
Round 2 of the 2014 SXSW Music Festival Artists is here! When you are done scrolling through the list faster than your mind can process who will be performing, take a minute and prepare yourself for DJ Paul......
So many incredible names in this huge second list of 2014 showcasing artists, like Gary Numan, new Bella Union signing Ballet School, Talib Kweli, Quantic, Of Mice & Men, and more! Read on for the nearly 350 bands just announced...
As part of SXSW’s ongoing commitment to global outreach, we are continuing to develop our unique international B2B networking service, the Platinum Connection. This elite program matches international companies with expertly selected US companies and facilitates 1- on -1 meetings between business decision makers.
- Sony Entertainment hires Bain to cut costs
Story from The Hollywood Reporter.
- Russian court rules that Lady Gaga promoted homosexuality onstage
Story from The Guardian.
- Arcade Fire issue audience dress code for arena tour
Item from NME. ...
- Nashville and Google spar over piracy
Post from The Tennessean.
- Sony label Madison Gate finds success with Pentatonix
Story from NY Times.
- 'Good Ol' Freda' tells stories of Beatlemania
Feature from The Guardian. ...