The sprawling world of public radio in the US can be a challenging entity to pitch your music to. With huge audiences (12-13 million/week!), and wildly eclectic musical tastes represented, the potential for exposure on NPR is fantastic, but according to the insiders here, you really need to tailor your...
- Why isn't the record business doing better?
Analysis from Billboard.
- Theater of the mind: The legacy of the Electrifying Mojo
Post from RBMA.
- Johnny Gimble dies
Obituary from NY Times. ...
- Live Nation creates its own awards show to air in October
Story from LA Times.
- The streaming maturation effect: What it means for the music industry
Post from Hypebot.
- Inside country music's conflicted relationship with religion
Post from ...
The film JACO, which tells the story of revolutionary bass player Jaco Pastorius, had its world premiere at SXSW Film 2015. A few days after the premiere, the filmmakers gathered for a special conference session to elaborate on the making of JACO and the immense influence Pastorius has had on...
There's a robust batch of nineteen releases out this week from SXSW 2015 Showcasing Artists, plus one from this year's Music Keynote!
Although he didn't perform at SXSW 2015, today's biggest new release comes from SXSW 2015 Music Keynote speaker Snoop Dogg.
- Warner Music says streaming revenue has passed downloads, and it wants more
Post from Recode.
- Tiny music royalties add up, unexpectedly
Post from NPR.
- Queen Latifah: 'Bessie Smith's story needed to be told'
Story from The Telegraph. ...