There will be SXSW events spread throughout Austin, so we’ve compiled a list of neighborhoods where we’ve held hotel rooms with guaranteed special group rates. Austin is a dynamic city and these outlying neighborhoods have much to offer during your SXSW experience.
I listen to the Middle Biscuit show every week and can’t help but think that Elizabeth (the host) made this playlist just for me. Lovers of straight-up indie rock, garage, psych and surf, plus the occasional pop tune, will likely feel the same way. Check out the latest episode...
- Influential site inhabits fringe of an electronic dance music culture
Story from NY Times.
- FTC exploring whether Apple's 30% cut from music streaming apps is legal
Post from Ars Technica.
- How a band with no fanbase can start building ...
- The south's heritage is so much more than a flag
Essay from NY Times Magazine.
- Kid Rock tells boycotters protesting his use of Confederate flag to 'kiss my ass'
Post from NME.
- X's Billy Zoom has cancer; band launches ...
Wow – the first week for the (mostly) global Friday release date is a big one, to say the least. We’ll do our best to guide you with new tracks in rotation on SXSWfm.
- Facebook in early talks to launch music streaming service
Post from Music Ally.
- The lost girls: One famous band. One huge secret. Many lives destroyed.
Feature from Huffington Post/Highline.
- Meek Mill is #1 as Billboard chart prepares for shift ...
It’s a big day for thrashing punk rock ‘n’ rollers American Sharks: along with news of a tour next month (and what’s sure to be a ridiculously fun kickoff show on Austin’s Lake Travis), we’re also ready to unleash footage of the band’s full set at the North Door during...