Get your SXSW Eco PanelPicker votes in before our final deadline on Friday, May 22 at 11:59pm CDT!
- Live Nation creates its own awards show to air in October
Story from LA Times.
- The streaming maturation effect: What it means for the music industry
Post from Hypebot.
- Inside country music's conflicted relationship with religion
Post from ...
The film JACO, which tells the story of revolutionary bass player Jaco Pastorius, had its world premiere at SXSW Film 2015. A few days after the premiere, the filmmakers gathered for a special conference session to elaborate on the making of JACO and the immense influence Pastorius has had on...
There's a robust batch of nineteen releases out this week from SXSW 2015 Showcasing Artists, plus one from this year's Music Keynote!
Although he didn't perform at SXSW 2015, today's biggest new release comes from SXSW 2015 Music Keynote speaker Snoop Dogg.
- Warner Music says streaming revenue has passed downloads, and it wants more
Post from Recode.
- Tiny music royalties add up, unexpectedly
Post from NPR.
- Queen Latifah: 'Bessie Smith's story needed to be told'
Story from The Telegraph. ...
The submissions are in and now it’s time to choose your own SXSW Eco adventure! Public voting opens today.
The landscape for independent record labels has changed quite a bit over the last several decades. An expert team of people with first-hand experience on the topic assembled for a discussion at the 2015 SXSW Music Conference.
The panel - which included Sire Records co-founders Seymour Stein and Richard Gottehrer,...