I listen to the Middle Biscuit show every week and can’t help but think that Elizabeth (the host) made this playlist just for me. Lovers of straight-up indie rock, garage, psych and surf, plus the occasional pop tune, will likely feel the same way. Check out the latest episode...
There will be SXSW events spread throughout Austin, so we’ve compiled a list of neighborhoods where we’ve held hotel rooms with guaranteed special group rates. Austin is a dynamic city and these outlying neighborhoods have much to offer during your SXSW experience.
- Influential site inhabits fringe of an electronic dance music culture
Story from NY Times.
- FTC exploring whether Apple's 30% cut from music streaming apps is legal
Post from Ars Technica.
- How a band with no fanbase can start building ...
- The south's heritage is so much more than a flag
Essay from NY Times Magazine.
- Kid Rock tells boycotters protesting his use of Confederate flag to 'kiss my ass'
Post from NME.
- X's Billy Zoom has cancer; band launches ...
Wow – the first week for the (mostly) global Friday release date is a big one, to say the least. We’ll do our best to guide you with new tracks in rotation on SXSWfm.
- Facebook in early talks to launch music streaming service
Post from Music Ally.
- The lost girls: One famous band. One huge secret. Many lives destroyed.
Feature from Huffington Post/Highline.
- Meek Mill is #1 as Billboard chart prepares for shift ...
It’s a big day for thrashing punk rock ‘n’ rollers American Sharks: along with news of a tour next month (and what’s sure to be a ridiculously fun kickoff show on Austin’s Lake Travis), we’re also ready to unleash footage of the band’s full set at the North Door during...