- Commercial bond between bands and brands is deepening
Story from LA Times.
- Trial over Apple's digital rights management for iPod starts today
Post from Ars Technica.
- Bro-Country may be a bellwether of Nashville's future
Story from Variety. ...
As the dust settles from Black Friday and Cyber Monday, SXSWfm is celebrating Giving Tuesday! #GivingTuesday - which was started in 2012 by New York’s 92nd Street Y and the United Nations Foundation - is a day where charities, families and businesses come together to celebrate generosity and give...
Of all the hot button issues that will be discussed during the 2015 SXSW Music Conference, perhaps none are more timely than royalties, licensing or copyright.
- What's the point of YouTube Music Key?
Post from Lifehacker.
- The Orchard dumps SoundExchange, goes direct ot Sirius XM for royalties
Post from Hypebot.
- Australian streaming service Big Pond to close
Post from CNET. ...
There’s just something about distorted guitars. Like a dose of caffeine, a song with the right amount of fuzz can be energizing, refreshing and inspiring. These four SXSW 2015 Showcasing Artists exhibit slightly different influences with one common thread - fuzz and distortion.
Hey, y’all! It’s Claudette — the Shorts Programmer, remember? — back again to blow your mind with more content from the 2014 Film Festival. Music Videos are my favorite thing to program at the festival and I try to construct an experience in and of itself. Different filmmaking styles,...