At one time, radio was king. Listeners would tune in to listen to their favorite artists, recording the songs on cassette tapes to keep for later. Then, other avenues rose to fame — records, CDs, music videos and more — that attempted to dethrone radio.
- Artists find opportunity in response to leaks
Story from NY Times.
- The music industry's generation gap
Post from Irish Times.
- The Sonics to release first album of new material since 1967
Post from The Guardian. ...
Sometimes an extra letter that doesn’t in any way alter the pronunciation of your band name is necessary. These four SXSW 2015 Showcasing Artists can certainly attest to that.
Proud SXSW Super Sponsor, Esurance, is all about revolutionizing the insurance industry through innovative tools and technology. And this year, they’re injecting that same innovation into SXSW by giving 3 lucky winners a chance to design their perfect South By experience.
- Apple buys piracy-measuring, buzz-tracking service Musicmetric
Post from CNET.
- Israeli man arrested over Madonna hack
Story from BBC News.
- Pharrell and Al Gore announce Live Earth concerts
Post from Pitchfork. ...
BBC Introducing and the PRS For Music Foundation will co-present a showcase at the British Music Embassy on Wednesday, March 18! Last year, BBC Introducing formed a new partnership with PRS for Music Foundation, the UK's leading charitable funder of new music across all genres. Together, they have given...