- The Turtles extend their copyright fight to Pandora
Story from NY Times.
- Apple asks the labels for a price cut on streaming subscriptions
Story from Re/Code.
- SXSW says it won’t ban unofficial shows
Post from Wondering Sound. ...
It was quite a treat to have experimental indie rock band Porter make the trip from Guadalajara, Mexico to perform at the 2014 SXSW Music Festival one year after reuniting at the Vive Latino Fest in Mexico City.
- Music consumption helps drive UK technology sales
Story from The Guardian.
- Kim Dotcom severs ties with Baboom
Story from Hollywood Reporter.
- Grooveshark decision shows music industry has upper hand
Post from Gigaom. ...
This Friday, Austin's annual ACL Festival will kick off three full days of toe-tapping, head-bopping, body-shaking music over in Zilker Park.
A number of SXSW alum will be hitting the stages, including big name acts such as Childish Gambino, Broken Bells, Juanes, and Skrillex....
- Streaming, change and the right state of mind
Post from Music Industry Blog.
- Tony Bennett and Lady Gaga's collaboration debuts at number one
Chart watch from Billboard.
- Ten songs public radio can't stop playing
Post from NPR Music. ...
Six guys in a single hotel room with one bed. Losing your voice at your very first show. Falling off stage and getting wedged upside-down...
- Judge finds Grooveshark employees guilty of mass copyright infringement
Post from Engadget.
- Urban Outfitters doesn't sell the most vinyl
Story from Billboard.
- EMusic will be 'exiting the mainstream music business'
Story from NY Times. ...