- Live Nation buys ownership stake in C3 Presents
Story from Austin Business Journal.
- YouTube challenger lets music fans call the shots
Story from NY Times.
- 2014: When songwriters burned the chorus and built the bridge
Post from The ...
- Why independent music fans need real net neutrality
Post from Pitchfork.
- Ardent Studios founder, Big Star producer John Fry dies
Obituary from Memphis Commercial-Appeal.
- The years most insidious, relentless earworms
Post from LA Times. ...
We’re closing out the 2014 portion of Four on the Floor with an appropriate theme: SXSW 2015 Showcasing Artists who have recorded holiday music. Whether it’s covers of traditional holiday tunes or original songs, we hope you find some joy in listening to these artists.
An incredibly small portion of the millions of recordings that have been created over time have become “classic” parts of our culture. But there is a greater number of amazing records that were pressed once and buried in time.
Reissuing Records: (Re)introducing Lost Classics at the 2015 SXSW Music...
- How mobile finally took over the music industry in 2014
Op-ed from Billboard.
- Leaked emails reveal Snapchat's troubled musical ambitions
Post from The Verge.
- Bobby Shmurda arrested in gun, narcotics investigation
Story from NY Daily News. ...
Target the music industry's finest as sponsor of the Music Mixer with Tasting Menu by Paul Qui.
This exclusive, limited-capacity event takes place on Wednesday, March 18 from 6–8pm at Finn & Porter (in the Hilton, Austin Downtown) and features a unique tasting menu by Austin's award-winning chef Paul Qui....
By Atif Rafiq Chief Digital Officer, McDonald's
Since assuming the role of McDonald’s first-ever Chief Digital Officer, I’ve been asked many questions: Is there really a secret menu? Why did you leave Amazon to work for a burger company? But above all, what everyone seems to want to know...