- Even if the royalties suck, streaming drives concert ticket sales
Post from TechCrunch.
- Streaming makes up 84% of Swedish music market
Post from Music Week.
- Neil Young removes music from streaming services due to 'sound quality, not money'
When Jason Gross (Perfect Sound Forever, The Block) first proposed this session, it raised some eyebrows among the Music Conference programmers. When he rounded up an all-star panel including Ann Powers (NPR Music), Jim DeRogatis (Sound Opinions), Alex Gale (Billboard), and rock critic legend Jaan Uhelszki, we knew we’d have...
- GM to meet with activists over Kid Rock sponsorship
Story from Detroit Free Press.
- Tom Petty on past confederate flag use: 'It was downright stupid'
Commentary from Rolling Stone.
- Joan Sebastian, Mexican singer and songwriter, dies
Obituary from ...
Just announced from SXSW Eco – new Cities program theme, special events, sessions and more speakers!
Our family across town at The Austin Chronicle is now accepting ballots for the 2015 Best of Austin!
In addition to music-, film- and tech-related things, Austinites can vote for their favorites in more than 170 categories covering art, food, politics, the outdoors and more....
SXSW Gaming is on the move to a new location with new dates! After four successful years at the Palmer Events Center, SXSW Gaming will now occur Thursday, March 17 through Saturday, March 19 in the heart of SXSW at the Austin Convention Center.
These new dates put SXSW Gaming...