- The musician who's gaming search engines to actually make money
Post from Wired.
- Deezer to buy Muve Music
Story from NY Times.
- Nielsen reports drop in music sales despite increase in streaming and vinyl numbers
Story from Rolling ...
Math wasn't always my best subject in school. I probably spent more time listening to bands and rappers with numbers in their names than hitting the books. The same holds true today, most recently with these four SXSW 2015 Showcasing Artists.
Funding and fan development are two things that can truly make or break an artist’s career. Navigating these aspects of the business in ways that create a sustainable career can be a dauntingly complex endeavor, and it’s something that will be discussed in-depth during the 2015 SXSW Music Conference.
- Tech firm Monster sues Beats and founders Dre and Iovine
Story from USA Today.
- Coachella announces lineup
Post from Rolling Stone.
- Vinyl's difficult comeback
Story from The Guardian. ...
With just over two months left until the 2015 SXSW Music Festival, I’m sure you’re wondering how you can keep up with all of the up-and-coming artists who will be traveling to Austin in March.
Our weekly Music Notes Community Newsletters are here to make things easier....
- Universal launches Global Music Data Alliance
Post from Complex.
- Google announces 'Cast' line of home audio products
Post from Ars Technica.
- Nick Cave announces skateboard collection
Story from Billboard. ...