- AEG to bring its music festivals to AXS TV
Story from NY Times.
- Sony to take another look at ad-supported music streaming
Post from CNET.
- ROLI acquires JUCE
Post from TechCrunch. ...
The SXSW Music Conference has locked in another round of intriguing sessions for 2015!
Our aim is to have progressive and wide-ranging discussions at our conference. The sessions announced today are fully in line with this goal, with topics that explore modern music curation, how Latin American artists are using...
It’s that time again, folks. Today we’re announcing our second round of Showcasing Artists for the 2015 SXSW Music Festival!
This round includes acts spanning a wide breadth of styles from all over the world. This March at SXSW Music, you can experience the ’60s psych-pop sounds of Dutch singer-songwriter...
Last week was really exciting for SXSWfm. For the first time in its history, SXSWfm teamed up with the SXSW Film Festival to premiere a new radio show, in addition to all the weekly favorites. Click through to check 'em out.
- Albini on how the internet solved the problem with music
Story from The Guardian.
- Details of the Spotify/Uber deal
Post from TechCrunch.
- Spotify: friend or foe?
Post from The New Yorker. ...
The second round artist preview show is now available for streaming SXSWfm's SoundCloud page through Tuesday, December 2.
- Streaming is the inescapable future, embrace it
Post from CNET.
- Pope Francis invites Patti Smith to play the Vatican
Story from The Independent.
- How to write a boyband hit, by One Direction's songwriters
Post from The Guardian. ...