- Brands spend big on UK music
Post from NME.
- Congress begins review of copyright law
Post from GigaOm.
- Documentary looks at blues and race in 1960s Chicago
Review from NY Times.
PanelPicker deadline day has arrived! That's right, Friday, July 26 is the final day to enter your outstanding speaking proposal in the 2014 SXSW PanelPicker -- all proposals are due by 11:59 pm CST. If you are looking for last-minute advice on what specific speaking topics will likely be...
Friday, July 26 marks the final deadline for speaking proposals for SXSW 2014. So if you want to showcase your amazingly innovative concept to some of the world's top thinkers next March in Austin, then get your idea into the PanelPicker ASAP. But not too quickly that you neglect...
Written by Allison Johnson
Noise pop duo Gauntlet Hair released their second album, Stills, on July 16, and are receiving generally positive reviews. Their self-titled debut was released back in 2011 to similar reviews, with Pitchfork calling it a “compelling demonstration of the band's knack for headphones-friendly fist-pumpers.”...
- Secondary ticket sales sites hit by fraud
Story from BBC News.
- Audiam shares details on plans to get royalties from YouTube plays
Story from LA Times.
- Why is TV so bad at music shows?
Story from The ...
The SXSW Housing Department has been getting loads of questions from people excited about getting an early start on making their plans for SXSW 2014 next March -- especially our upcoming launch of the online registration & housing processes. If you have also been wondering what to do about your...
SXSW V2V offers plenty of amazing panel content, with titles such as "The Impact of Angel Investors," "How to be More Human in an Always-On World" and "How Technology is Transforming Global Commerce." But the ability to create meaningful connections with industry insiders is perhaps even more valuable...
- Aimee Mann sues MediaNet in copyright dispute
Story from The Hollywood Reporter.
- Russell Simmons launches YouTube-based label All Def
Post from CNET.
- Barclay Center tops venue ticket sales for first half of 2013
Post from NY Times ...