The latest from SXSW Eco - New partnership and East Coast parties!
It’s a big day for thrashing punk rock ‘n’ rollers American Sharks: along with news of a tour next month (and what’s sure to be a ridiculously fun kickoff show on Austin’s Lake Travis), we’re also ready to unleash footage of the band’s full set at the North Door during...
Hannibal Buress has been a very busy man lately. In honor of his new show, we’ve dug into the SXSWfm archives to find an interview with Buress done by SXSWfm DJ and Bonafide Jams host Cori Burford at Bonnaroo 2014.
- The synth revival: Why the Moog is back in vogue
Post from The Guardian.
- Refunds after a bad concert? It's a ghastly idea
Post from The Telegraph.
- Rdio streams globally, thinks locally with curated stations
Post from CNET. ...
Allow me to introduce the SXSW Housing Department, where our first priority is helping you find and book the right hotel to accommodate your SXSW experience. We work year-round to contract blocks of rooms at more than 60 hotels to provide exclusive rates for SXSW registrants. Here are 5 tips...
- Music publishing deal driven by shift from sales to streaming
Story from NY Times.
- Jerry Weintraub dies
Obituary from Billboard.
- Music from the 1960s fuels a social revolution
Story from SF Gate. ...
Mixcloud and the International Radio Festival are partnering up to celebrate online radio all over the world with the annual Online Radio Awards. Nominations are now being accepted at mixcloud.com/onlineradioawards.
- Surge in music streams delivers digital growth for independent labels
Survey summary from Merlin.
- Chicago sneaks 'cloud tax' onto books
Story from Chicago Sun-Times.
- Patti Smith's summer of rebellion
Post from The Nation. ...