South By Southwest Music News
Here we go again, folks. Time to get those headphones and speakers ready for another sixteen new music releases from SXSW 2015 Showcasing Artists alone this week.
The big highlights for us include the fifth studio album from Northern California punk band Ceremony, who will be returning to Austin on...
- Lawsuit takes down new Grooveshark site - and another one pops up
Post from Ars Technica.
- RIAA cuts more jobs, awards bonuses to execs
Post from Torrent Freak.
- Cooking Vinyl MD calls for music industry tax breaks
Why exactly is McDonald’s sponsoring SXSW? That was a buzz-worthy question leading up to this year’s event. Many people were curious and even skeptical about a McDonald’s presence. In a sense, you could say the McDonald’s team needed to deliver its own “pitch” for participating in the festival of ideas...
The sprawling world of public radio in the US can be a challenging entity to pitch your music to. With huge audiences (12-13 million/week!), and wildly eclectic musical tastes represented, the potential for exposure on NPR is fantastic, but according to the insiders here, you really need to tailor your...
- Why isn't the record business doing better?
Analysis from Billboard.
- Theater of the mind: The legacy of the Electrifying Mojo
Post from RBMA.
- Johnny Gimble dies
Obituary from NY Times. ...
- Live Nation creates its own awards show to air in October
Story from LA Times.
- The streaming maturation effect: What it means for the music industry
Post from Hypebot.
- Inside country music's conflicted relationship with religion
Post from ...