South By Southwest Music News
- Lawsuit takes down new Grooveshark site - and another one pops up
Post from Ars Technica.
- RIAA cuts more jobs, awards bonuses to execs
Post from Torrent Freak.
- Cooking Vinyl MD calls for music industry tax breaks
Why exactly is McDonald’s sponsoring SXSW? That was a buzz-worthy question leading up to this year’s event. Many people were curious and even skeptical about a McDonald’s presence. In a sense, you could say the McDonald’s team needed to deliver its own “pitch” for participating in the festival of ideas...
The sprawling world of public radio in the US can be a challenging entity to pitch your music to. With huge audiences (12-13 million/week!), and wildly eclectic musical tastes represented, the potential for exposure on NPR is fantastic, but according to the insiders here, you really need to tailor your...
- Why isn't the record business doing better?
Analysis from Billboard.
- Theater of the mind: The legacy of the Electrifying Mojo
Post from RBMA.
- Johnny Gimble dies
Obituary from NY Times. ...
- Live Nation creates its own awards show to air in October
Story from LA Times.
- The streaming maturation effect: What it means for the music industry
Post from Hypebot.
- Inside country music's conflicted relationship with religion
Post from ...
The film JACO, which tells the story of revolutionary bass player Jaco Pastorius, had its world premiere at SXSW Film 2015. A few days after the premiere, the filmmakers gathered for a special conference session to elaborate on the making of JACO and the immense influence Pastorius has had on...