Future Islands, The Strypes, and Damon Albarn have been named as winners of the second annual Grulke Prize at SXSW 2014.
The Prize, awarded in three categories, was developed in honor of our friend and colleague Creative Director Brent Grulke, who passed away on August 13, 2012.
From the start, SXSW V2V has had a stated goal of bringing together startups and entrepreneurs from all the creative industries that are at the heart of SXSW. This, of course, includes many of the industries that you might find at the SXSW Interactive Festival in Austin -- from sports,...
- Spotify is planning IPO for this fall
Post from Quartz.
- Jury slaps $41M verdict on Michael Robertson
Post from Gigaom.
- Legal debate on using boastful rap lyrics as a smoking gun
Story from NY Times. ...
We are coming up on our second registration deadline for SXSW V2V 2014. Register to attend SXSW V2V through this Friday, March 28, and save $355 off the walk-up rate. What does this meant to you? It means that you have until the end of this week to be...
- Execs believe streaming can arrest music's decline
Story from The Economist.
- Spotify introduces student discount
Story from LA Times.
- Why has Japan's CD market tanked?
Story from The Independent.
- Diana Ross at 70